.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Interview with KC Blake, Author of Witch Hunt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Author KC Blake is celebrating her newest release this month, WITCH HUNT, the second novel in the Witch-Game series. Here's a quick synopsis:


A magical game of Hide n Seek begins.
Find the missing player and win.
The game resets; everyone forgets and starts to play it again.

Starr Hughes hasn’t believed in magic since her mother died. As a reporter for the school paper, she believes in hard facts. Hiding under the headmaster’s desk, planting bugs, and breaking into a fellow student’s home are all on her to-do list. So when she hears the mysterious group known as the It-Squad are about to start playing a secretive game, she wants to know more. She’s especially interested in the group’s gorgeous leader, Dylan Winchester.

With her boy-crazy best friend at her side, Starr is going to discover that not only are witches real, they need her help. Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps their lives.

You can check out KC Blake at these sites!


What was your favorite book as a kid? That depends on how far back you want to go. When I was in elementary school, my favorite book was The Phantom Tollbooth. When I was twelve, it was The Outsiders. In fact, that was my introduction to YA.

Tell us your favorite author. Which book is your total fave from that author? Cassandra Clare. City of Bones is my favorite out of all her books.

Take us through a typical writing day for you. Do you have anything quirky - like you have to have a certain pen to write with, or the desk laid out in a particular manner, does it need to be raining, do you require a certain food/drink/candy to work by? Will you have an absolute meltdown if the atmosphere isn't what you like? I can write anywhere. My first short story was written in a bowling alley when my parents were on a league. On a typical day I usually sit at my desk and blast some music in the background. When I am outlining, I sit in a chair somewhere (sometimes even outside) and write in a notebook. I don’t have a particular pen. I have several that I love, a variety of colors and designs.

What do you do when you experience that lovely problem called writer's block? My favorite way to deal with writer’s block is to take a long walk with my dog. I live out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees. A long walk clears my head. Sometimes I work on something else. Other times I will listen to music or read a good book. Sometimes I have to try all of the above before I can get back to my story.

Do you like to listen to music when you read or write? Tell us a few of your favorites. I love to listen to music when I write. Most of the time I listen to a mix on my MP3. Songs include music from Chris Daughtery, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and numerous others. I even listen to Glee once in a while. When I get stuck and can’t see a scene clearly, sometimes I will find a certain song that sets the mood and listen to it repeatedly. For instance, when I wrote the ‘red dress scene’ in CRUSHED, I was listening to Lady in Red by Simply Red. When I wrote the dance scene in WITCH HUNT, I listened to Billy Idol’s White Wedding because that’s what the characters were listening to.

Did you do anything special to celebrate your first book release? My first book was published by Harlequin in 2002. I threw a huge party at my house, had games that were related to my book, and I even had the cover of my book put on a cake. It was sugar paper. Yummy.

Which book are you most looking forward to reading this year? City of Angels by Cassandra Clare. I bought it but haven’t gotten to it yet.
What books do you have out now?




I have two series going at once. The Rule Series is about a vampire boy who just wants to go home to his family, return to school, and be normal again. He gets his wish, sort of, and becomes mortal. But being human isn’t as easy as he thought it would be. His girlfriend is a hunter, and the English teacher at the local high school is the head werewolf, the werewolf Jack is destined to kill. As of now, I have two out of three available at Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, etc. VAMPIRES RULE and WEREWOLVES RULE.

The Witch-Game books are about teen witches playing games at school with their powers. In CRUSHED, three sisters blow magical dust into the boys’ faces and command them to do things. Kristen picks the wrong boy and almost dies the same day. Zach has secrets, too. Now she has to figure out if he’s trying to save her or trying to kill her.

There are different characters in each book and a different game to be played. The second book in the series, WITCH HUNT, will be released April 15, 2012.

No comments: