.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Who-hoo! Vacation I'm-Not-Gonna-Write-I'm-Gonna-Read-ATHON

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Yay!!! I'm officially done writing my pixie novel Dust. I had origanlly planned to take this indie, but now that the story has unfolded in ways I never saw coming, I think the uniquness of the storyline could do very well in the YA marketplace, so I've decided to change to the publisher route. To celebrate, I'm going to take an entire month off from writing and focus on the fun of reading. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know I need to get to finishing Catacombs and working on Falling Away, but it's time to spend some much needed time with my neglected bookshelf. It's just filled with goodies I haven't had time to get to yet. (Don't even get me started on all the books sitting on my Kindle, but hey - out of sight, out of mind!)

First off, I've gotta start with my ARC pile cause I really wanna get caught up on that. Luckily, I keep my requests to a minimum, so I only have twelve that I need to read for publishers. Normally, I'd hit up the ones I'm most excited to read, but since several of these have already hit their publishing date, I'm gonna get to those first. Check 'em out:


Of course, I'm still going to be running my feature The Writer's Block. I've cut the number of authors down to half for this time period, but I've still got to read the books being spotlighted. The ones I currently have lined up are:


Once I'm done with all those, I'm moving on to some much needed bookshelf love. Take a peek at what I plan to tackle - cause hey - some of these goodies may just pop up on my monthly Previously Loved Book Giveaways!


Some of these are on loan to my sister-in-law, so I may not get them back in time to knock them out, but I think I've got enough to keep me busy! And my hubby is reading Divergent, and as epically slow as he is at reading, I'll be lucky to get that back sometime this year! LOL. Any suggestions for what I should read first?

No comments: