.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Taking Chances
Molly McAdams
Pub: September 1, 2012

Taking ChancesEighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy.

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.
 

Lordy...my chest was constricted for days after reading this novel.

Harper has spent her entire life around the jarheads at the base where her father works. She's never dated, never bothered with hair and makeup, never bothered to wear anything girly, and never even kissed a guy! Poor girl. Moving across country for college is the only way to get out there and begin a life of firsts. And boy, does she live. Her new roommate is more than happy to girlify Harper, and she soon turns the heads of two guys living at the house they're hanging out at every weekend.  But which to choose? At first it seems easy, but as time passes and feelings grow, the boys begin playing tug-of-war with Harper's heart, and their choices are literally gonna have life and death consequences.

Let me just begin by saying that I knew two major spoilers before I began this novel. The biggie: I knew which character in this book was gonna die, and from the get-go, I really tried to dislike this particular person in order to detach myself emotionally and avoid the inevitable tear train that would follow. Epic fail. I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life over a character. Well, maybe Dobby. :) Even well after the death, every time this character's name appeared, I could feel the burn behind my eyes. Damn you Molly McAdams and your emotional rollercoaster. You kept me up for two nights straight cause this novel is sooo freakin' long and sooo freakin' addictive. I even had to switch out my kindle for my hubby's at three a.m. cause my battery died (DIED! 0%) and I just couldn't stop there. I had to know....!!!!!

Prepare to cry your little heart out, cause Harper's gonna experience a whirlwind of emotions and you're gonna get dragged along for every single one of them, cause it's impossible to put this book down.

PET PEEVE WARNING: I ain't gonna lie. The flow for a huge part of this book is basically switching scenes for a new makeout session. If you're not into that, please don't bother. You. Won't. Like. It. (I do...but that's neither here nor there). Also, there's a neverending use of the word LOVE, so if that annoys you, see previous suggestion.

Mature audiences only peeps. Lots of sexual content in this - and it is oh, so good.


Novel provided by author for honest review.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Oh no!! That's the absolutely WORST when you know a spoiler or two. Ugh! I tend to not even read the synopsis so I have absolutely no idea what the story is about. That reassures me that I will be completely surprised by every sentence of the book. :) Sometimes either the synopsis gives too much away. No spoilers, people! MUCH better starting from scratch. :)

Great review!! I'm definitely excited to read this one!!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Wow, jeez... sorry about all the typos! That's what I get for typing while working... oopsie! :D

Texas Book Lover said...

Well damn. Why did I read this? Now I am going to go into expecting someone to die. At least I don't know who it is but still!

It is going on my MBR (must be read) list now for sure!